Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BOB

It's time for another BOB.
I think that this unit was easier than the earlier units that we've studied, and to be honest, I was doing fairly well. But then, Spring Break happened. Yes, spring break. Well, after the pre-test we had yesterday, I realized that I forgot most of the things we learned before the break. So I really have to study study study.

Here are a few things that we should know for the test.


PYTHAGOREAN IDENTITIES


EVEN/ODD IDENTITIES


SUM & DIFFERENCES IDENTITIES


DOUBLE ANGLE IDENTITIES



For this unit, unless the question is asking you to solve the problem, never ever put an equal sign. Use the "Great Wall of China" instead. That's why it is important to always read the questions carefully.
Mr. K gave us some strategies we could use to solve Identities in an elegant way, these strategies were:
  • Work with the more complicated side of the identity first
  • Rewrite both sides of the identity exclusively in terms of sine and cosine
  • Use the Pythagorean Identity to make an appropriate substitution
  • Simplify complex fractions, or rewrite fraction sums, or differences with a single denominator
  • Use factoring (especially in difference of squares)

I really can't think of anything else to say, so I guess I'll end off this Bob post by saying, STUDY!

Good Luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment