Wednesday, May 27, 2009

BOB for Conics

Hooray we are done our DEV! :D
Now its time to do the OTHER math homework that I have been procrastinating on...

Well this is my Bob for the conics unit. I found this unit pretty easy, except for the moments where I was just confused... or couldn't remember the equation for a circle... I think the test will be pretty easy as long as I don't do anything stupid like get an ellipse and a hyperbola mixed up.

Hmmm well what is important for this unit?

1. Equations for...
parabola: (x-h)^2 = 4p(y-k) (vertical) and (y-k)^2= 4p (x-h) (horizontal)

Circle: (x-h)^2 + (y-k)^2= r^2 (standard form)

Ellipse: (x-h)^2 / a^2 + (y-k)^2 / b^2 = 1 (horizontal) and (x-h)^2 / b^2 + (y-k)^2 / a^2 = 1 (vertical)

Hyperbola: (x-h)^2 / a^2 - (y-k)^2 / b^2 = 1 (horizontal) and (y-k)^2 / a^2 - (x-h)^2 / b^2 = 1 (vertical)


So for the test i think we just need to make sure to know all the parts of shapes and how everything fits together. Remember how to find the vertices, foci, center, radius and length of major and minor axis! I think that's all I have to say for this unit. Just remember to get lots of sleep, (something I need), DON'T eat a ton of candy and study the formulas! :D


blog comments powered by Disqus