Monday, March 16, 2009

Scribe post

Hi, this'll be my attempt at a Scribe post, but keep in mind that I'm not very good at explaining things. Ahem..

We started off eating pie.

Yum.

Then we learned a little bit about finding the reciprocal of cos(x).
Our focus will be to graph 1/cos(x) or also known as sec(x).
First we begin with drawing the graph of cos(x).

Look for the invariant point(s) and draw the vertical asymptotes.
The invariant points are the points on the graph that aren't effected by the transformation. (So, at f(x) = 1 or f(x) = -1)

From this, we use the Dr.Sues method. Because it's the reciprocal, the x and y coordinates begin to bigger and smaller in the opposites of where they were going. So, they move closer and closer to their respective asymptotes... But they will never cross them. (Because asymptotes can never touch the graph lines.. Shed a tear for them.)

And there you have it! A (not so) beautiful graph of f(x) = 1/cos(x) or... f(x) = sec(x)!

This is all we did on friday.

I'm pretty sure I understand this correctly, but I'm not so sure if I've expressed that clearly enough so that others would understand it as well, so please feel free to comment and tell me how wrong I am! =D

-ConstantEcho

1 comment:

  1. This is good, I don't think you did anything wrong, and you explained well for me, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete