Thursday, March 12, 2009

BOBing for apples

Hi my wonderful blueberry muffins, Since I'm currently suffering from some insomnia, I'll do my BOB. This unit was okay. I had some trouble with the reciprocal functions though. But i figure it out in the end. yay. I'd like to think that I would do well on the test, but I'm not so sure.

Recap;
af(bx-c)+d
Where:
  • a is amplitude
  • b determines the period (note: period is not b)
  • c determines the phase shift (left or right)
  • d determines the vertical shift

Inverse Function
y = f -1(x)is the reflection of y = f(x)

Even & Odd Functions
Even function; f(-x) = f(x)
Odd function; f(-x) = -f(x)

Reciprocal Functions
y = 1/ f(x)

More Notes;
-invariant points are points that don't change in position when a transformation is applied
- y = 1/ f(x) is not the same thing as f -1(x)

Things to Know and Do
-Test is Monday March 16th
-Pre-test is Friday 13th (it's a sign we might all do bad)
- get lots of sleep and eat breakfast!
-Don't forget to come to class
- STUDY

Good Luck guys

-jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment