Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Circular Functions Reflection

Hey everybody. Since I know that if I leave this til later I'm gonna forget to do it, I will do it now just to be on the safe side. So, for me, circular functions was a pretty easy unit, and, although it was hard to remember all of the grade 11 work from last year after I had sat it at the back of my mind for months and months, it eventually became easy again. Here are a few things to remember that might catch you on the test if you don't:

1) you CAN NOT divide by a variable because, for all you know the variable could equal zero
ex. sinx^2=4sinx
sinx=4 WRONG

sinx^2=4sinx
sinx(sinx-4)=0
sinx=0, 4 RIGHT

In this case you would have been dividing by zero which would make the answer undefined

2) If you ever come up against a question where you are substituting a variable for a function times a variable, then the variable can not be the original variable from the equation. So if you get, for example, sinx in the original equation, the variable you substitute in for it CAN NOT BE X!!!!!!

3) remember that secant is 1 over cosine and cosecant is 1 over sine

4) If the denominator of anything is 0 than it is undefined. Remember that when your answering questions on the test, if the answer is undefined you have to state it with your answer.

Well that's about all I can think of at the moment. Good Luck to everyone on the test on Friday. Oh and remember the forgetting curve ( that sounds weird) and study what we've done this unit.

Bye =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment