Thursday, June 11, 2009

[8]Now that we've come, to the end of the road...[8]

Awwwuh. How sad, it's the last day of math and the semester is almost over. It feels like time has just passed us by so quickly, not even taking a short moment to stop and glance back. And thus, the last few posts for this class blog start to appear.

I will truly miss this class. A whole whack of memories have been created in such a short amount of time that we will all surely remember throughout the course of our lives. In all honesty, I thought this class would be boring at first, but man was I wrong. Each day presented a new challenge Even if some of it was review, things were somehow twisted to create a brand new challenge. I swear, after this class, I will never look at life the same way again. As I go home, or even when I'm out running, I always find myself looking at the math around us all of a sudden. It's as if a whole new light has suddenly been shone on the Earth. One time me and Dion even stopped to count the branches on a tree to see if the way they grew followed the Fibonacci Sequence (and to our surprise, they did). A lot has been taught in this class, not only about math, but about life and other subjects as well.

About my progress throughout the class, all I can say is that I did the best that I could and that's all that I wanted to do. The mark had some importance to me as it made me want to work harder to raise it up but overall, I'd say it was the experience that suddenly became important to me.

Now that I've done a few older exams for practice, I think I have found my strengths and weaknesses in this course. I would have to say my biggest strength is Identities. I think it was because it came really easy to me when we learned it and when I saw how it could take such complicated looking things and turn them into 1 term answers, I was amazed. It made me even more interested in the subject. The hardest thing would've had to have been Combinatorics. Who knew counting could be so difficult?! For me, the most difficult part is probably the Binomial Theorem. It was a hard concept for me to grasp right away, but I think I get it now. Hopefully I will have known it enough for the exam.

Am I worried about the exam? Not too much. I've graded myself on the previous exams I've done and I've gotten pretty consistent marks that I'm proud of. Hopefully I do really well on the exam. I will try to aim for that 100%.

I guess I should end this by saying a few things.

Thank you so much to the rest of the pc40sw09 class. You have all helped to make this semester a lot less stressful. Math was kept fun because we weren't afraid to speak up. The heat of "competition" was kept burning by a small handful (you know who you are) and it made things a whole lot more interesting. We shared each other's struggles and celebrated each other's triumphs. We were always there to help each other out where it was needed. We were like one big happy math family. I'll always cherish the memories from this class.

Thank you to Mr. K. Math would be so boring if it weren't for people like you. So passionate and so energetic. It makes us kind of want to go to math class. I guess the coffee would explain all the energy, but passion, that comes from straight the heart. So many great memories were made in this class and a lot of them involve you like
  • the sine dance
  • Pi Day
  • your block of wood
  • that "ninja" who came to visit
  • your cool tricks on the smart board
  • the snapping thing you taught us
  • that quadratic equation song
  • and a whole lot more!
Your cool little sayings made the day a little more interesting as well. Like that whole "rabbit's foot" thing you say before we take a test or a quiz and that thing you say when you ask if anyone has a question then you ask if anyone has a good joke (even though none of us ever did). Even on a really gloomy and bad morning you never fail to show up with a big smile and a surplus of energy. It amazing, really.

It's such a shame that we must already say our goodbyes after such a short amount of time, right when I was looking forward to AP Calculus, but it's destiny. Even when you leave, remember that you have left your mark at DMCI and you've made a great impact on the lives of many of the people whom you've taught. For that, we all salute you. Congratulations on your new job and good luck.

And lastly, to my D.E.V. partners Mary and Dion. I know this has been said before, but you two really made this semester a lot less stressful, especially when it came down to making our D.E.V. A potentially (non-intentional) stressful project was made really fun because I had the great honor of working with you two. If it had been anyone else, our project wouldn't be the same. Thank you so much for making this experience everything that it was.

It was a great honor and a pleasure to be in a class filled with such brilliant minds. I wish you all the best in your future studies and that you continue to shine. Remember that we'll always have this blog to keep us connected. Good luck to everyone on our exam tomorrow. Everything we have done in this unit has been leading up to this point. Let's knock this one out of the park!

For one last time, peace out!
~jayp~

There are never any final goodbyes and ends, there are only "see you later"s and new beginnings.
blog comments powered by Disqus